Friday, June 15, 2012

Author's Note


So it’s my last semester of high school ever, and I’m not going to lie, as it gets closer to the end there’s a lot of questions left unanswered and loose ends left untied. Before I go any further, I should probably explain that I have no ambition of staying in Winnipeg. It’s not that I don’t like it here, or even that I wouldn’t be content staying, but there’s a lot of the world out there and I can’t picture myself living in one place for my whole life. I think what happens to a lot of people right out of high school is that they get scared with how much freedom they suddenly have, and fall into a routine that’s familiar to them… This is not what I want to do. There are so many possibilities out there, and things to see, and I feel like now’s the time to experience it all. That being said, this Bucket List has been a great opportunity for me to start thinking about what it is I want to do with the rest of my life. I’ve done a list like this before in grade 11, when everything seemed a far off possibility, and there were a lot of stupid entries in that one like wrestle a hippo and finish this list. This time, I wanted to make a legitimate one that I could actually follow through with. It will not only going to be a guideline to help me map out where it is I want to go, but will also be a way of making sure that I didn’t fall into a cookie cutter, vanilla lifestyle. There’s been a lot of editing and revising, but at the end of the day these are just some of the things I hope to accomplish in the next couple of years. I’m sure it will change as I start to get older (and hopefully wiser), but I believe we should always have at least a couple of things that keep us inspired or driven. My hope is that as soon as I have one thing crossed off my list there will be another one waiting in the wings… You always have to have goals, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment