Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Personal post 10

This past week I went to Cuba for a diving training camp!! It was honestly the best week of my life, and I got to meet some o the nicest, most interesting people. Since we were there for diving a lot of the people we met were also divers. The first picture is of my diving team and some of the divers from Cuba. The one in the red shirt and the one in the blue were from there. The guy in the red shirt's name is Torro, and he went to the Olympics in 2008 and came 5th! The guy in the blue is named Leno and he's the best coach in Cuba. He's also a really famous fisherman there and once wrestled a 200 pound turtle with his bare hands! In the next picture it's Dawson, me, and Jose. He's 33 and has been diving since he was 8. This summer will be the third time he's gone to the Olympics. He was basically our tour guide the entire time, and showed us all of the things we wouldn't have had a chance to see otherwise. He's also extremely funny, and by the end of the trip it was like he was one of the team. After this summer he's quitting diving, and is hoping to start farming. The last picture is of me and our bus driver Lazaro. He didn't know any English but was still super friendly and charismatic. It was such an awesome experience, I wish I could go back already!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool you got to hangout with somneone who has been to the olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah it was pretty awesome! AND they were like the nicest people I've ever met! Definitely one of the best things I've ever gotten to experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan! This looks like and amazing trip! On my way to Mexico, we flew over, and had a layover in Varadero. It was absolutely gorgeous! I am so jealous you got to actually stay there. The people that you meet while you are traveling can really make the trip. How neat is it that you got your photo taken with someone who did so well in the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete